5 Useful Tips on Selling Your Vermont Home
5 Useful Tips On Selling Your House
Selling your house can be a particularly daunting and complicated matter. Besides being an significantly expensive piece of property, there are quite a number of legal considerations involved in the transaction. A home is also often a very personal thing; most homes have its own character that speak volumes about its owners, which becomes a critical factor when closing a sale since a lot of buyers tend to ultimately go with their gut feel – either the house appeals to them or it doesn’t.
To add to these, time is also a factor that’s working against you. If you’re a homeowner who would like to sell your property, you need to sell as soon as possible to avoid holding or carrying costs. The longer your home goes unsold, the higher the risk for devaluation, on top of the rate of depreciation.
Fortunately, you need not shoulder all of these by yourself. Most people see how much effort goes into selling a house and realize that getting a real estate agent is a way better solution.
A good real estate agent should be able to sell your house at the best possible price at the soonest possible time, at a fee that’s less than what you’d normally spend in terms of money and effort if you did it yourself. But this doesn’t mean that you should just dump everything on the hands of your agent, there are still a number of things you need to cover in order to get the best possible result.
According to Corey Tyner of Tyner Phoenix Home Buyers there are several things a homeowner should do if they’re looking to sell their property. Aside from getting a good and reputable real estate agent, here are 5 valuable tips that are explained more in detail in the infographic.
Set your goals
– as a home seller, you’d want to set 3 main goals in mind
- To net the most out of the deal
- Sell in the shortest time possible
- Sell with the least risk of inconvenience
In most occasions, each goal comes at the price of the others. Consider what kind of a balance or tradeoff you are okay with.
Prepare your home for selling
– this is bound to cost significant time, money and effort, but is a critical step for any home, old or new.
- Clean & Declutter
- Depersonalize – keep the space neutral: colors, decor, etc.
- Fix the root of the problem – don’t cover up leaks, strange odors etc., an experienced buyer will know and may spread a bad word against you. Make it a point to address plumbing and electrical repairs.
– weather can be a factor to influence buyer decisions, as well as the time of when cash flow increases.
- Spring – buyers are fueled with new cash, but maybe burdened with holiday bills
- Summer – peak buying season
- Fall – fewer competitors after the summer rush
- Winter – high cash flow from bonuses tax deductions, but weather can make things stressful
4. Set the right price –
Another difficult thing to tackle, determining the right price needs a lot of research and computation. It is often best done with the help of your real estate agent.
– Even if you already have an agent, you should still look into marketing your home. Use social media, reach out to friends and family.
We hope you found these 5 tips on selling your home in Vermont useful! If you would like to learn more about how to sell your home for the most money the friendly and knowlegeable agents of The Bateman Group at Pall Spera Company Realtors would love to chat!